Legals August 28, 2013
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
Date: August 7, 2013
YOU ARE NOTIFIED THAT:
1. Default has occurred in the conditions of the Mortgage dated August 22, 2011, executed by Jennifer L. Furcht A/K/A Jennifer Lynn Furcht, a single adult, as Mortgagor, to Liberty Savings Bank, fsb, as Mortgagee, and filed for record August 26, 2011, as Document No. A1349377, in the Office of the County Recorder of Stearns County, Minnesota. The land described in the Mortgage is not registered land.
2. The Mortgage has not been assigned.
3. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $78,900.00.
4. No action or proceeding at law is now pending to recover the debt secured by the Mortgage, or any part thereof.
5. The holder of the Mortgage has complied with all conditions precedent to acceleration of the debt secured by the Mortgage and foreclosure of the Mortgage, and all notice and other requirements of applicable statutes.
6. At the date of this Notice the amount due on the Mortgage, and taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage is $79,351.20.
7. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the land located in Stearns County, Minnesota, described as follows:
LOT FOUR (4), BLOCK TWO (2), OF EDELBROCK’S ADDITION TO THE TOWN (NOW CITY) OF ST. CLOUD, ACCORDING TO THE PLAT AND SURVEY THEREOF ON FILE AND OF RECORD IN THE OFFICE OF THE COUNTY RECORDER, IN AND FOR STEARNS COUNTY, MINNESOTA
will be sold by the County Sheriff of Stearns County, Minnesota, at public auction on October 2, 2013, at 10:00 a.m., at the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department, located at 807 Courthouse Square, St. Cloud, Minnesota.
8. To the best of Mortgagee’s information, the property being foreclosed has a property address of 122 - 13th Avenue North, St. Cloud, Minnesota 56303, and has tax parcel identification number 82.46464.0000.
9. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor’s personal representatives or assigns is six (6) months after the date of sale.
10. The property must be vacated by 11:59 p.m. on April 2, 2014, provided the Mortgagor has not reinstated the Mortgage under Minnesota Statutes, Section 580.30 or redeemed the property under Minnesota Statutes, Section 580.23. If the foregoing date is a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, then the date to vacate is the next business day at 11:59 p.m.
11. THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS TO COLLECT A DEBT AND ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
LIBERTY SAVINGS BANK, FSB
James L. Wiant (#116774)
Suite 300 US Bank Plaza
1015 W. St. Germain St.
P.O. Box 1497
St. Cloud, MN 56302
(320) 656-3500 fax
Our File No. 22118.137
Attorneys for Mortgagee
ISD #738 Minutes - July 17, 2013
Special Closed Meeting
This special closed meeting of the School Board of Independent School District 738 was called to order in the High School Board Room at 7:22 p.m. by Chairperson Rick Calgaro. Board members present: Greg Breth, Geriann Friday, Mike Higgins, Matt Skwira, and Todd Schwartz. Absent: Todd Smith. Also attending was Superintendent Eric Williams and Business Manager, Beth Bertram.
The meeting was called at the regular meeting of June 19, 2013 for the purpose of discussing negotiations strategies.
Discussion ensued on negotiations strategies.
Motion to adjourn was made at 8:40 p.m. by Breth, second by Schwartz. Motion carried AIF.
ISD #738 Minutes - July 10, 2013
Board Work Session
This special closed meeting of the School Board of Independent School District 738 was called to order in the High School Board Room at 8:40 p.m. by Chairperson Rick Calgaro. Board members present: Todd Smith, Geriann Friday, Matt Skwira, Mike Higgins, and Todd Schwartz. Absent: Greg Breth. Also attending was Superintendent Eric Williams and Business manager, Dale Rogholt.
The meeting was called at the regular meeting of June 20, 2012 for the purpose of discussing negotiations strategies.
Discussion ensued on negotiations strategies.
Motion to adjourn was made at 9:35 p.m. by Smith, second by Skwira. Motion carried. AIF.
Todd Smith, Clerk
Sealed Bid Notice:
Albany Area Schools ISD #745 will be accepting sealed bids for used weight room equipment until 1:00 p.m. on Friday, August 30, 2013. Sealed bids should be labeled as “Weight Room Equipment” on the outside of the envelope and delivered to Susan Clemen, Business Manager, Albany Area Schools, PO Box 40, Albany, MN 56307.
Items may also be viewed by calling Scott Buntje to schedule an appointment. (320-845-2171). Equipment will be sold “as is.” This is an all inclusive package bid, not a per item bid. Buyer will be responsible for removal of all items at a time to be coordinated with AD. The district reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids.
Machines include: Leg curl, shoulder press, leg extension, tricep extension and a stair stepper.
Published in the Albany Enterprise Wednesday, August 21 and 28, 2013.
MINNESOTA SECRETARY of STATE
CERTIFICATE OF ASSUMED NAME
Minnesota Statutes Chapter 333
The filing of an assumed name does not provide a user with exclusive rights to that name. The filing is required for consumer protection in order to enable consumers to be able to identify the true owner of a business.
ASSUMED NAME: BRC Transport
PRINCIPAL PLACE OF BUSINESS: 1010 Shamrock LN, Albany, MN 56307
NAMEHOLDER(S): Brian Donald Holthaus
ADDRESS: 1010 Shamrock LN, Albany, MN 56307
I, the undersigned, certify that I am signing this document as the person whose signature is required, or as agent of the person(s) whose signature would be required who has authorized me to sign this document on his/her behalf, or in both capacities. I further certify that I have completed all required fields, and that the information in this document is true and correct and in compliance with the applicable chapter of Minnesota Statutes. I understand that by signing this document I am subject to the penalties of perjury as set forth in Section 609.48 as if I had signed this document under oath.
SIGNED BY: Brian Holthaus
State of Minnesota
Office of the Secretary of State
Filed 8/1/2013 at 11:59 p.m.
Published in the Albany Enterprise Wednesday Aug. 28 and Sept. 4, 2013.
ISD #738 Minutes - August 14, 2013 • Board Work Session
The Board Work Session of the School Board of Independent School District 738 was called to order in the High School Board Room at 5:04 p.m. by Chairperson Rick Calgaro. Board members present: Matt Skwira, Mike Higgins, Todd Schwartz, and Geriann Friday. Absent: Todd Smith & Greg Breth. Also attending was Superintendent Eric Williams, Secondary Principal Brian Silbernick and Elementary Principal Jim Stang.
Mandatory Summer School Policy: Currently no policy in place, we recommend students attend but no penalty for not attending. If this policy is adopted it would be funded through Targeted Services so it wouldn’t affect the regular budget. The philosophy would be to support kids that are performing below grade level, obtaining low test scores, struggling… not a punishment. This policy is basically already being followed, however the students are not mandated to attend. Other ideas included: putting packets together for students not in summer school, do intervention during the year, an hour after school, and more Targeted Services.
Items on Consent Agenda: Motion by Schwartz, second by Higgins to include non-controversial topics in the consent agenda, personnel who are hired and invited to attend the board meeting will be hired in the personnel section of the meeting. Skwira noted business is to be conducted @ regular board meetings and work sessions are generally for discussion. This will be followed on non-controversial items. Motion carried. AIF.
Elementary Para Positions: Motion by Friday, second by Schwartz to approve to post for 3 Elementary Special Ed. Paras due to changes in the legal IEP’s. The team is working towards moving the students off Para services and not enabling dependency. Motion carried. AIF.
Informational Announcements: Eric informed the board on the following items:
- Going forward with another year of TPI, we are able to meet the requirements.
- Center Point Energy is exploring the possibility of bringing natural gas to Holdingford, this could save up to $30K /year.
- Enrollment Update: Elementary 537 / Secondary 481 (confirmed)
- Silbernick/Stang will provide building tours for Board members next Wed. (8/21/13).
- Workers Comp. Ins. Co. will be meeting with a judge regarding a long-term claim.
- Silbernick will be having an OCR review, due to receiving federal funds. This will take place in December so he will be working with Williams to make sure compliance is met.
- Evaluation debrief, looking at actual data of our students to empower our teachers and using them for the teacher evals. This is one way to document progress.
- Email sent out regarding Equity Aid. Take the letter and send to your local representatives.
- Discontinue services with Johnson Controls as of 9/30/13. Out attorney helped draft the letter.
- Friday (8/16/13) the Endowment committee is meeting.
- Looking at making the Activities Dr/DAPE/Dean as an interim position for one year. If this works, then we will post for it next year. If there are concerns, please talk to Eric before. Wed. (8/21/13).
- Lions Club donated $2K for the roof of the concession/press box at the Football field to hire it out to be completed in a day.
Agenda completed at 6:30 p.m. Motion by Higgins, second by Schwartz to adjourn. Motion carried. AIF.
Linda Zapzalka, Clerk Designee
ISD #738 Minutes - July 17, 2013
The regular meeting of the School Board of Independent School District #738 was called to order at 6:00 p.m. in the LMC by Chairperson Rick Calgaro. Members present: Geriann Friday, Todd Schwartz, Matt Skwira, and Mike Higgins. Members absent: Todd Smith, and Greg Breth. Also attending were Superintendent Eric Williams, Secondary Principal Brian Silbernick, Elementary Principal Jim Stang, and Business Manger Beth Bertram
Pledge of Allegiance.
Motion by Schwartz, second by Higgins, to approve the amended agenda. Motion carried. AIF (All In Favor). Items added: 8.7. Approval of Phased PERA Retirement for Linda Maciej; 8.8. Approval to hire Carin Pederson .7 Science Teacher at BS Step 1 & 8.9. Approval to hire Sharon Czarnowski for Long Term Language Arts Sub at BS Step 1.
Motion by Friday, second by Schwartz, to approve the consent agenda. Motion carried. AIF. Items in consent agenda included: approval of the minutes from the June 19, 2013 board meeting; approval of the minutes from June 19, 2013 special board meeting; approval of the June 19, 2013 Negotiation Committee meeting; approval of the schedule of bills in the amount of $475,222.89. Computer checks approved #73085 through #73225; approval of the district activity checks #0111217 through #0111230, which totaled $4,644.50; and approval of the electronic transfers for June 2013, $539,774.73.
Chairperson Calgaro welcomed fellow board members, administration, staff and guests.
Superintendent Williams reported the next teacher negotiation meeting is set for July 25, Scantron is being replaced with NWEA, a new technology software tool will be used this year to remotely fix computer issues, technology staffing will be reduced to pay for the software. He also informed the board of: a possible technology audit, teacher/principal evaluation planning, Alumni scholarship endowment and the Holdingford Daze 5K / Kids Fun Run.
Secondary Principal Silbernick reported Summer School is at 22 students with consistent attendance, and going well with Zach Zierden and Milt Blomberg instructing. He commended the summer cleaning staff for their efforts getting everything ready and looking great! He informed the Board that he will be interviewing for the Behavior Specialist and will repost for the second Language Arts long term sub. Mr. Silbernick updated the Board on Assessments and confirmed the Math Department will be presenting at the regular Aug. Board meeting.
Elementary Principal Stang reported on the ECFE Garage Sale which was a success and brought in $650, he commended everyone involved with the sale! Mr. Stang informed the board that there are still ECFE positions to fill. He reported Summer School is running smoothly, with kudos to all the Summer School staff, as well as Rodney Ebnet for his terrific customer service with Summer School families and Hats Off to the Custodians!
Business Manager Beth Bertram reviewed monthly and year-to-date expenditures as well as the student activity accounts.
The board acknowledged the Treasurer’s Report for the month of June 2013 as read by Schwartz. Balance per books $3,555,873.00.
Motion by Friday, second by Schwartz to approve District’s Five Year Vision and Priority Statements. Mr. Williams explained to follow through and make the Vision happen we will be using an Evaluation Card to review how students are doing and then set goals with action plans to get there. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Higgins, second by Friday to endorse establishing an Alumni Endowment Scholarship Fund through the Initiative Foundation. Margaret (Skudlarek) Voss and Bob Warzecha presented exciting information. Their goal is to get the Endowment established in five years. Motion carried. AIF. The Board thanked the committee for their dedication to Holdingford Schools!
Motion by Schwartz, second by Higgins, to approve revised Policy 624 – Online Learning options. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Friday, second by Schwartz, to approve revised Policy 620 – Credit for Learning. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Higgins, second by Friday, to approve revised Policy 904 – Distribution of Materials on School District Property by Non-School Persons. Motion carried. AIF.
There was a second reading of Policy 623 – Mandatory Summer School Instruction. Motion by Schwartz, second by Higgins, to table policy 623 for further discussion. Motion carried. AIF.
The meeting continued with the first reading of revised Policy 203.5 – School Board Meeting Agenda; first reading of revised Policy 205 –Open Meetings and Closed Meetings; and first reading of revised Policy 405 – Veteran’s Preference.
Motion by Schwartz, second by Friday, to approve adding, posting for a 2.5 hour per day food service worker. Motion carried. AIF. This will allow Melissa Anderson to do more managerial duties.
Motion by Friday, second by Higgins, to approve keeping the Pool open for December through April 2014. Motion carried. AIF. The Board would like to see the pool use promoted.
Motion by Higgins, second by Schwartz to approve Student Activity and Service fees for 2013-2014 school year. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Higgins, second by Schwartz, to approve annual membership renewal with MSBA, $4,505.00. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Skwira, second by Higgins to call for special closed meeting after the regular August School Board Meeting for the purpose of negotiations Strategies if necessary. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Friday, second by Schwartz, to hire Mindy Wessel as First Grade Teacher at BS Step 2. Mr. Stang introduced Ms. Wessel and recommended her hiring. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Schwartz, second by Higgins, to reduce Technology Asst. time by 10 percent for the 2013-2014 school year. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Higgins, second by Friday to approve Letter of Agreement between ISD 738 and Education Holdingford to make-up one weather related staff development day from school year 2012-2013 in the school year 2013-2014. This is to formalize the agreement. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Friday, second by Higgins, to accept resignation from Kendra Posch as Elementary Special Ed. Para Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Schwartz, second by Friday, to hire Kathy Welle as Food Service Worker for 4 hours per day at Grade 3 Step 0. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Higgins, second by Friday, to hire Kathy Welle as Bus Driver based on 2012-2013 agreement. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Schwartz, second by Higgins, to approve Linda Maciej’s request to participate in the PERA Phased Retirement Option. Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Friday, second by Schwartz, to hire Carin Pedersen for the .7 Secondary Science Position at BS Step 1. Mr. Silbernick added Ms. Pedersen had done an internship at HHS the previous year and they look forward to having her back! Motion carried. AIF.
Motion by Higgins, second by Friday, to hire Sharon Czarnowski for Language Arts long term sub at BS Step 1until approximately Sept. 30, 2013. Mr. Silbernick explained Ms. Czarnowski had covered for this position in the spring and that they are fortunate to have the continuity until Ms. Miller returns. Motion carried. AIF.
Agenda completed at 7:10 p.m., a motion to adjourn was made by Higgins second by Skwira. Motion carried. AIF.
Linda Zapzalka, Clerk Designee